Skip to main content
Hudson County residents must possess and display a valid library card from a Hudson County public library along with a current photo ID reflecting county residency.
In accordance with the College’s mission to serve the community, the following privileges are extended to residents:
- Use of books and magazines in the Libraries
- Access to designated computers and scanners with specified time limits
- Use of electronic subscription databases in the Libraries
- Reference help and guidance by library staff
Books, Newspapers & Magazines
Community users are welcome to:
- Newspapers: Gabert Library - Reserves Desk on 1st floor; North Hudson Library - Service Desk.
- Magazines: Gabert Library - near Cafe on 1st floor; North Hudson Library - near Service Desk.
- Books, newspapers and magazines can not be checked out .
- Due to high demand, all Reserves books are for current HCCC students and faculty use only.
Due to COVID-19, all of the planned onsite events are canceled.
Our libraries are preparing for online programming.
For more information on library events, please contact James Cox (email@example.com) , our Director of Patron Services.
Computers / Wifi / Charging
- 3 computers in Gabert Library and 2 in North Hudson are for community users checking email and basic Internet usage.
- Limit to a 0.5 hour session on the community computers.
- Ask a library staff to help log you onto the computer.
- Go to the front desk of the Library to get the log in password
- Select Guest from the available wireless signals on your laptop or mobile device.
- When prompted, log in with your password that was provided to you.
- Charging stations for cell phones and tablets are available on each floor of the Libraries.
- Some study desks are equipped with power outlets that allow for laptop charging.
- Quiet Study Room - first floor, near MakerSpace.
- Study tables - first and second floor, open area.
- Soft seating (upholstered chairs) - first and second floor, open area.
North Hudson Library
- Quiet Area - main floor.
- Study tables - main floor.
Private group study rooms are open to current HCCC students only.
The MakerSpace is a place in which people with shared interests, can gather to work on projects while sharing ideas, equipment, and knowledge.
It is only open to all current HCCC students, faculty, staff and alumni.
For more information on the MakerSpace, please visit MakerSpace page.
© 2020 Hudson County Community College. All Rights Reserved.