Many of the library resources are accessible online, including journals, ebooks, databases, and streaming media.
EZProxy is the tool to authenticate our library users from off-campus. It will prompt you to log in with your HCCC credentials and then grant you access to the needed resource.
Two steps to connect from off-campus:
2. Log in with your HCCC credentials (the same username and password for your HCCC email and portal page).
After successful authentication, you should have access to our library resources immediately.
If you encounter any access issue, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each of those links contains our EZProxy prefix https://ezproxy.hccc.edu/login?url=. It will trigger the authentication process and prompt you to log in with your HCCC credentials.
2. Log in with your HCCC credentials (the same username and password for HCCC email/portal page.
Your username is your HCCC email address.
Can't recall your password? Please reset it via https://password-reset.hccc.edu/
Still have an access issue? Please send an email from your HCCC email account to email@example.com with the subject line "Access Problem".
1. I tried to log in EZproxy, but got an error message that my username and password were incorrect.
You may test your username and password at HCCC email or portal page.
2. I can't open the link that my professor shares. It's supposed to be available in our library.
Please email the link, title information and the professor's name to firstname.lastname@example.org OR online chat with a librarian. We can figure out together.
3. I can't access a certain database. Other databases are fine to access.
Please report the issue to us (email@example.com). We will troubleshoot it a.s.a.p..
4. I successfully logged in EZproxy, but got redirected to a page showing "404 not found".
Please try with a different browser and see if you get the same error. Some popular browsers are: Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
If the problem still exists, clear your cache and make sure the browser is set to accept cookies.
5. I can access the library resources from home, but can't from my workplace.
Probably the access is blocked by the firewall of your workplace. You need to contact the IT staff in your workplace.