Skip to Main Content
Welcome to 2023!
We are very excited to see new and familiar faces back on campus!
HCCC students, faculty, and staff now have complete access to O’Reilly for Higher Education. O’Reilly for Higher Education includes technology and business content from more than 250 publishers - along with videos, case studies, expert-curated learning paths, and self-assessments on exclusive O'Reilly-produced content from world-renowned innovators and corporate leaders. Unlimited user access.
How to log in:
You can access O'Reilly for Higher Education on and off-campus.
Log in with your HCCC credentials.
If you encounter any access issues, please contact us via email: email@example.com.
O'Reilly content is organized by topics for easy browsing.
1. From the toolbar, click Explore, then select All Topics.
2. Choose the topics that you are interested in from the first search box. The searching results can be sorted by Popularity, Date Added, or Publication Date. You also have the option to limit the format to Book, Case Study, Learning Path, Playlist, video, etc.
3.Click on the book you'd like to explore to enter the book page. There you'll see the book information including author, description, table of contents reviews, etc.
4.To Start reading, click the "Start Reading Now" button.
5.And Enjoy your book.
1. Click on the search bar and enter a term you want to search for
2. Then you can filter what your looking for
Find a Playlist or Create Your Own
1. To browse the shared playlists, click Explore then Shared Playlists from the left sidebar.
Then you'll see a list of playlists created by HCCC community or O'Reilly. You can click a playlist to view all the selected titles.
2. To Make your own playlist, first click the "new +" button.
Fill in Name (required) and description for your new playlist, and click the "Create Playlist" button.
Time to add books to your playlist.
When you find a book you'd like to add, click on the "Add to Playlist" icon
Next, click on your playlist. The selected book will be included in your playlist.
Edit a Playlist
1. To view and edit your playlists, go to the tab "Your Playlists" at the top of the page.
2. Click on the three dots icon from the playlist you want to edit.
3. Press the "Edit" button.
4. Now you can edit the name or description of your playlist.
Share a Playlist
1. Go to the playlist that you'd like to share. In this example, we will use one of ours.
2. Click on the icon (lines with the little plus) then "Share Settings".
3. Change the Share Settings. You can choose from Private, HCCC, or Public Playlist.
4. Now you can send the playlist via email, or copy the link and share with someone.
© 2023 Hudson County Community College. All Rights Reserved.