To view HCCC's full art collection, please click here.
This guide is specifically for the artwork displayed in HCCC Libraries.
From the HCCC Foundation Art Collection website:
If you are an artist or collector with artwork you wish to be considered by the College Foundation for acquisition, please follow the guidelines below. Do not submit original artwork, as the College cannot return items to senders.
- Submit materials by mail or email only.
- Include a letter of intent.
- Send copies (no original artwork) of color printouts (approx. 8.5” x 11”) or email 300 dpi JPEG files.
- For each work, include the artist, the title, the media, the dimensions, and the year created.
- Include, if possible, a Curriculum Vitae (CV), provenance data, and press materials.
Please send all unsolicited submissions to Andrea Siegel, PhD, Coordinator, HCCC Foundation Art Collection, Hudson County Community College, 71 Sip Avenue, Room 614B, Jersey City, New Jersey 07306, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call (201) 360-4007.
Thank you to Andrea Siegel for allowing the Library to use the images from Artwork Archive for this LibGuide and for providing information for both the Gabert and NHC Libraries. Thank you to Karla Aybar, Leslie Soriano, and Ernestina Vargas for taking the time to write the descriptions in the placards located near each artwork. Thank you to Reda Agourram and Jing Yang for helping style the pages.
Above all, thank you to all artists who provided their artwork shown in HCCC Libraries and throughout the HCCC Campus.